Important Message Regarding Your SouthernMissAlumni.com Email AccountOn
March 1, 2010, Google will begin phasing out support for some older web
browsers, including Internet Explorer 6, on the Google Docs suite.
After that point, certain functionality within these applications may
have higher latency and may not work correctly in these older browsers.
Later in 2010, Google will start to phase out support for these
browsers for Google Mail and Google Calendar.Google Apps will
continue to support Internet Explorer 7.0 and above, Firefox 3.0 and
above, Google Chrome 4.0 and above, and Safari 3.0 and above.Users
on these older browsers will see a message in Google Docs and the
Google Sites editor explaining this change and asking them to upgrade
their browser. Google will also alert you again closer to March 1 to
remind you of this change.
My E-MailOn June 28, 2009, the Alumni Association switched host companies for SouthernMissAlumni.com e-mail accounts to Google. If you are a current SouthernMissAlumni.com holder, please take a moment to read through the information below. If you are an alumnus or alumna and wish to obtain an account, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred account name--for example, Seymour.d.Campus@southernmissalumni.com--and full name, including maiden name if your name has changed since your time as a student.
Why did we switch?
• Gigabytes of e-mail storage. The change significantly increases your email storage space from 10 megabytes to more than 6 gigabytes.
• Access to your information from anywhere with an internet connection. You can also access your email with many mobile devices.
• Instant messaging from right within your mailbox & free PC-to-PC voice calls.
• Google Docs to create and share documents, spreadsheets and presentations online.
How has the switch affected my SouthernMissAlumni.com account?
• Your E-mail Address: Your current email address, email@example.com, did not change, and all of your messages were transferred on June 28. You will be able to search and access all your mail through the “Check E-Mail” section of SouthernMissAlumni.com or by clicking the link below.
• Your Password: Unless your password was less than six characters in length, it did not change. In order to meet Google’s security standards, we have added the letters “usm” to the end of passwords less than six characters in length. Of course you are welcome to change your password after accessing your account for the first time.
• Your Address Book: If you maintained an address book in the old system, unfortunately this is the one item we are unable to transfer for you. If you retrieved the contacts from the old system prior to the switch to Google you can upload your contacts in bulk by creating a CSV file and following the instructions for doing so.
• Forwarding: If your SouthernMissAlumni.com e-mail account was set up to forward to another e-mail address, please login to the Gmail system to ensure that the forwarding address is in place.
Where can I go for more info?
The Gmail help section online contains the answers to many of the questions users of the system have, but you are certainly welcome to contact the Alumni Association at 601.266.5013 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I obtain a new account?
If you wish to obtain a southernmissalumni.com e-mail account, please contact the Alumni Association at email@example.com and include your full name (including maiden if your name was different as a student) as well as the account name you prefer. A member of the Association staff will reply to your e-mail when the account has been established. In most cases your SouthernMissAlumni.com account will be available within 48 hours.
Check My Email
More from Google