Alumni Association Awards
Each year at Homecoming, the Alumni Association honors distinguished alumni and its most faithful servants at the Alumni Hall of Fame Banquet and the Annual Awards Brunch.
The Alumni Hall of Fame was established to recognize those whose contributions of time and financial means have helped move Southern Miss forward. The nominee must have graduated fifteen years previously.
The Alumni Association presents six awards during the Annual Awards Lunch on the Saturday of Homecoming. The awards presented include:
- Outstanding Service Award - This award is given to up to seven alumni based on their service to the University.
- Continuous Service Award – This award is given to up to five alumni for their long-term efforts and dedication to Southern Miss.
- Special Service Award – This award is given to individuals, not necessarily alumni, who have made a significant, unique contribution to the University, community, or their profession.
- Outstanding Young Alumnus / Alumna Award – This award is given to one alum 36-years of age or younger who has made contributions of time and effort to the University, community, and his or her profession.
- Moran Pope Meritorious Service Award – This award is given to one alum annually who has continued to give of his or her time and talents throughout the years to recognize outstanding alumni support, professional achievement, loyalty, and service to the University.
- Friend of Southern Miss Award – This award is given to one individual annually who is not an alum, but has contributed greatly to the progress of Southern Miss throughout the years.
Alumni Chapter and Ambassador Awards
The Alumni Association gives three annual awards for leadership, service, and excellence during the alumni leadership retreat each January. These awards are given to select chapters, chapter presidents, and ambassadors to recognize them for success in their respective leadership roles and to acknowledge their willingness to go above and beyond in their duties. The awards include the following:
- Alumni Chapter of the Year - This award is given to the top alumni chapter based on overall success in a variety of categories.
- Alumni Ambassador of the Year - This award is given to the top alumni ambassador in the calendar year for overall excellence in leadership.
- Scott Caldwell Award - This award is given to the top chapter president in the calendar year based on excellence in leadership and chapter growth.
- Constituent Society of the Year - This award is designed to recognize one of the Association's Constituent Societies for its contributions to the University.
Make an Award Nomination